ORGANIC SHEA BODY BUTTER 4 OZ, 120 ML
Whipped Shea Butter Balm
Shea Butter Balm ingredients: Unrefined Shea butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Safflower Oil, Non-Gmo Jojoba Oil, Non-Gmo vegetable based Glycerine as a moisturizer. (The natural scent is very nice, but we can add essential oils upon request.)
How do does our Whipped Shea Butter compare to other brands?
- We never add any preservatives to our Whipped Shea Butter, since our oils have a shelf life over a year. That means no (Parabens, Butylene glycol, Propylene glycol, Alcohol, Fragrance (s) which can have hundreds of chemicals added to make a specific scent and many more chemicals our body is not designed for. Most of these are petroleum based and are known carcinogens.
- We never add any water to cut costs. By not using water we do not need to preserve our Shea Butter. We only use the best oils out there and compliment them with a pure unrefined Shea Butter. Even some pure organic brands have all of the natural products but add the water to cut costs, but in return need to preserve the product from mold and bacteria.
- All of our Shea Butter balms are done by hand and individually for each client to ensure freshness and the best quality, whereas many of similar products can sit on shelves for months or even a year before it is used.
- In our heating stage we use the traditional way of bain-marie (double boiler) to lightly heat the oil. Shea butter is a form of fat that comes from the actual nut of the Shea butter tree. As long as it is not burned, the heat stage does not affect the quality as long as it is done with care and proper temperature. It is where most take the shortcuts and use microwaves by habit where the temperature is exceeded and the finished product is done within a minute, but it is radiated and heated improperly.
- Our Shea butter that is used to make our cosmetics comes from Ghana. We are partnering with a local based company.The Shea Butter that we use for our cosmetics comes from a company that is a non-profit and fair trade organization assisting women in Africa to become economically independent. By purchasing our products, you are offering sustainable livelihoods to women and their families living in poverty. All proceeds that they generate from clients like us go directly to the women and to the non-profit programs that assist them with business development. We strive to get the most natural nutty color with an original unique smell that one gets from a pure unrefined Shea butter. No additives are ever added to enhance the smell or texture and the butter has not been heated over and over, simply once during the separation of the oil fat stage and water that is added slowly while stirring. Sourcing unrefined Shea butter is most important.
Benefits of Shea Butter:
* Absorbs quickly without leaving greasy residue like petroleum, beeswax or mineral oil based products.
* Shea Butter moisturizes & protects skin & scalp especially over processed & heat-treated hair.
* Shea Butter doesn’t clog pores & block hair shaft.
* Revitalizes, softens & maintains skin moisture.
* Naturally rich in vitamins A, E & F which are some essential vitamins needed for good skin balance.
* Shea Butter penetrates deep into skin to help restore elasticity.
* Shea Butter benefits your skin by keeping it clear & smooth.
* Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
*Overnight face cream
* Treatment for premature facial lines and aging
* Dry scalp treatment
* Skin rash- including diaper rash
* Sunburn sun damage and skin peeling, after tanning
* Itching skin due to dryness
* Small skin wounds, skin cracks, and minor burns
* Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)
* Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
* Fade blemishes, scaring and even skin tone
* Eczema and psoriasis
* Sun and wind protection
* Helps restore elasticity to skin
How to use: Take a small amount of our Shea Butter Balm and apply to skin with circular motions.